Courts Records Free Reference and Directory
using this site to find free court records
Finding court records can be a complicated process for anyone who is not familiar with how courts are organized in the state or locality being researched. Even professionals who are experts in one state may find courts in other states to be structured in a manner very unfamiliar to them.
Effective searching of court records requires that the person doing the research first know what types of court case records are being sought, and then be able to identify which courts handle that type of case. For example, criminal records are usually found in different courts depending on the seriousness of the charge.
was created to assist you in identifying which courts handle different types of cases in each state, and then to provide information on how to get those records. In many cases, our database provides links to online free court searches provided by the courts or state agencies. Since there is often no online search option ( free or otherwise ), we have also provided links to each court's website, where available, and address and telephone number for each court.
The site is organized by state; for each state we have a page dedicated to each of the following categories :
Looking for other types of public records? Try the
Public Records Free Directory.
- Courts Guide - page lists and describes each type of trial court found for each state. This page also features a chart showing which courts hear a number of common case types.
- Online Resource Directories - a menu of online resource pages for each state :
- searching court records online
- court dockets and calendars
- published opinions and orders
- self help and legal research
- legal aid and free services
- legal forms and information
- online fine payment
- Court Directory by County - page provide access to website, location, and contact information for individual courts in each county of the state.
- Specialty Courts - page provides information about courts in the state that are not listed on the county directory pages because their normal case load involves cases from more than one county.
© Online Searches, LLC 2007 - 2012